Forum

I have a like new HP all in one computer with a busted/Cracked screen, input would be great.  

RSS

swate1873
(@swate1873)
Participant
October 27, 2017 1:40 pm  

So my kids knocked over my HP all In one computer, this computer is like new so I am looking into either buying a new screen or running a monitor separate from the unit. I am leaning towards just running a monitor and leaving the cracked screen the way it is. Has anyone replaced a screen on one of these units before? Looks to be a bit of a pain????

ReplyQuote
LuckyMouse
(@luckymouse)
Participant
October 27, 2017 2:46 pm  

Changing out the screen itself is costly and not as simple as it sounds. Here is a video on the topicĀ  https://youtu.be/ObVV_vCUi_Y

I think the screens themselves cost around $200 give or take a few dollars.

ReplyQuote
dataChip
(@datachip)
November 10, 2017 10:48 am  

I have swapped out the display panel on a number of laptops, televisions, and monitors. Getting the cases open is one of the most difficult aspects of the job. If you can do that without marring and you can keep from breaking the delicate ribbon cables, you should be fine. It is a fun job, if you are like me. I like to tear things apart and see how they are made. Definitely check eBay for the parts. You can find some spares that people have pulled out before chunking broken monitors and stuff.

ReplyQuote
BoomBoom
(@boomboom)
November 10, 2017 5:36 pm  

Sounds like the first thing you need to do is teach the children some respect for your gear, dude. LOL. I know it hurts. New computer with a busted screen. I agree with searching EBAY for some used displays. I have never taken a monitor apart, but I don't think it would be that difficult. Dont get shocked, man.

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register